The Ohio Legislature passed HB 173 allowing for County Recorders and Veteran Service Commissions to issue Veteran Identification Cards. Governor John Kasich signed the bill into law effective September 8, 2016.
The cards are issued in the Recorders office at:
Fulton County Administration Building, Ground Floor, 152 S. Fulton St. Wauseon, OH 43567
from 8:30am-4:30pm, no appointment necessary!
There is no fee for the cards!
DD214's must be on file in the Recorder's Office and discharge must be Honorable.
What to bring:
Two (2) forms of identification with one being a photo ID will be needed to obtain the Veterans ID Card.
The following documents are accepted as forms of identification:
1) An original or certified birth certificate
2) An identification card issued by the U.S. Dept. of Veterans Affairs
3) U.S. Military identification card
4) Social Security Card
5) A license or permit to carry a concealed weapon issued by this state or any other state
6) A motor vehicle operator's license issued by this state or any other state that bears a photograph of the licensee
7) An identification card issued by this state or any other state that bears a photograph of the individual identified
8) A valid passport that bears a photograph of the individual to whom the passport was issued
9) A U.S. armed forces discharge record
There will be no fee for the ID Card by Resolution of the Fulton County Board of Commissioners.