- Public Utilities
Wauseon recycling site open 24/7.
Remote recycling sites open except for Swan Creek.
- Wet wipes are not flushable (event if the package says they are).
- Paper towels are not flushable.
- Disinfecting wipes are not flushable.
Please follow these 3 points, your sewer pipes and wastewater plant operators thank you. No one likes sewer clogs and backups.
Solid Waste Disposal Rate Update
New solid waste disposal rates are effective March 1, 2021. For current and new rates visit the webpage.
The following are the typical County Department of Public Utilities duties and responsibilities:
- Assist the public in providing water and sewer service within the County's Water and Sewer District.
- Develop County water and sewer district compliance procedures as required by the Ohio Revised Code.
- Direct the operations and supervise all staff of the Department of Public Utilities.
- Establish programs and priorities for County water, sewer and solid waste infrastructures.
- Manage all phases of projects, including; planning, funding, design, bidding, construction, progress meetings, change orders, payment requests and completion.
- Maintain, review, and approve all specifications and plans for water, sewer and solid waste infrastructure projects.
- Operate and maintain water lines, sewer lines, pump stations, and treatment facilities.
- Plan the design and layout of water and sewer facilities.
- Prepare and submit all required local, state, and federal reports.
- Prepare contracts and negotiate with agencies to provide water and sewer services.
- Coordinate the County's recycling and solid waste operations.