Wauseon recycling site open 24/7.
Remote recycling sites open except for Swan Creek.
- Wet wipes are not flushable (event if the package says they are).
- Paper towels are not flushable.
- Disinfecting wipes are not flushable.
Please follow these 3 points, your sewer pipes and wastewater plant operators thank you. No one likes sewer clogs and backups.
The following are the typical County Department of Public Utilities duties and responsibilities:
- Assist the public in providing water and sewer service within the County's Water and Sewer District.
- Develop County water and sewer district compliance procedures as required by the Ohio Revised Code.
- Direct the operations and supervise all staff of the Department of Public Utilities.
- Establish programs and priorities for County water, sewer and solid waste infrastructures.
- Manage all phases of projects, including; planning, funding, design, bidding, construction, progress meetings, change orders, payment requests and completion.
- Maintain, review, and approve all specifications and plans for water, sewer and solid waste infrastructure projects.
- Operate and maintain water lines, sewer lines, pump stations, and treatment facilities.
- Plan the design and layout of water and sewer facilities.
- Prepare and submit all required local, state, and federal reports.
- Prepare contracts and negotiate with agencies to provide water and sewer services.
- Coordinate the County's recycling and solid waste operations.