Garden Websites and Gardening Tip Sheets
- Selecting Plants for Pollinators (PDF) - A regional guide for farmers, land managers, and gardeners in the Eastern Broadleaf Forest Continental Province.
- Celebrating Wildflowers - Celebrating Wildflowers is dedicated to the enjoyment of the thousands of wildflowers growing on our national forests and grasslands, and to educating the public about the many values of native plants.
- Moist Sun Garden - Turn that troublesome low area with wet soil into a garden filed with colorful plants that hang tough in the hot sun. Frogs, dragonflies, birds and other critters will love the food and cover this collection provides.
- Dry Shade Garden - Dry, shady conditions are a challenge for the most accomplished gardeners. This collection of tough, drought resistant native plants thrives in those conditions while providing great cover for all kinds of woodland creatures.
- Butterfly Garden - These colorful plants provide nectar and pollen spring, summer and fall for a parade of butterflies and other pollinators. If you like flowers and have a sunny location, you will be delighted with this collection of plants.
- Bird Garden - The plants in this collection provide seeds, berries, nesting places and cover for all kinds of songbirds. Plus, there are lots of plants in this collection that provide interest four seasons of the year.
USDA's Healthy Garden Workshop Series
- Tips for Watering your Lawn and Garden (PDF)
- Container Gardening and Window Boxes (PDF)
- Tips for Weeding and Removing Invasive Plants (PDF)
- Rain Barrels (PDF)
- Attracting Pollinators: Friends of Healthy Gardens (PDF)
- Maximizing Your Harvest (PDF)
- Making and Using Compost (PDF)
- Fall Maintenance: Preparing Your Garden for Next Season (PDF)
- Attract Butterflies (PDF)
- Create a Bird Friendly Habitat (PDF)