What is public assistance fraud?
- Buying, selling, giving away or misusing benefits for any programs paid for with tax dollars including:
- Food Assistance
- Ohio Works First
- Child Care
- Unemployment Compensation
-Improperly reporting or failing to report:
- Household Members
- Housing Expenses
What are the penalties for fraud?
-Individuals found to be committing fraud:
- Are removed from the program
- Must repay any improperly obtained benefits
- May face criminal charges and jail time
Residents of Fulton County may report suspected public assistance fraud by calling the Fulton County Job and Family Services Fraud Hotline (1-800-937-2834 or Local number (419) 337-0010 or going to the Ohio Fraud website.