Our office takes great care in helping veterans and their family members secure financial and burial benefits. Our Veterans Service Officer can assist you in determining which services you may be eligible for as an honorably discharged veteran. No-cost burial benefits include the following:
*DD 214-Call our Office at 419-337-9266 to request the DD 214
Indigent Burial Benefit
* Veteran has no savings or insurance to cover the expense of his/her funeral.
* Family has no funds to pay the funeral bill in full.
* Funeral home applies for benefit, maximum being $999.00.
* Funeral bill must not exceed $4,925.00
See your Funeral Director for Indigent Burial Benefits Application
VA Burial Benefit
* Veteran was in receipt of pension or compensation from the VA or died in a VA facility or VA contracted nursing home.
* The VA provides a U.S. flag at no cost, to drape the casket of a veteran who served honorably in the armed forces.
* The funeral home can arrange this for you.
* The Department of Veterans Services provides the headstone at no charge. Our staff can assist you in filling out the application.
* If a veteran's grave marker needs to be reset, please notify the cemetery superintendent.
Presidential Memorial Certificate
* A certificate which bears the president's signature expressing the country's grateful recognition of the veteran's service in the armed forces. Applications are taken in our office.
* Supplied by the Department of Veterans Affairs.
* Funeral Directors assist family members with arrangements for military funeral honors. Further clarification on eligibility is available at https://mfh.dmdc.osd.mil/mfh/